Join our mailing list and stay up-to-date with news and events from East Kimberley Chamber Of Commerce and Industry.
RDA Kimberley Supporting Communities during COVID-19
Since late March, RDA Kimberley have attended regular teleconferences with the Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories to provide first-hand insights into how our local community is coping and the impact and effectiveness of Government response measures.
During this time RDA Kimberley, led by Chair Ms Elsia Archer OAM, has worked collaboratively with all levels of government and key stakeholders on the following initiatives:
- Assist in the development of a 12 Point COVID Safe Plan to allow the opening of intraregional borders,
- Developed and identified survival and revival programs including funding regional Chambers of Commerce and Regional Visitor Centres Support Funding Packages
- Development of a list of critical Shovel Ready Projects that could expedite regional recovery
- Developing a range of Kimberley Investment Development Initiatives to ensure the ongoing development of economic opportunity for the region
- Provide clear, community-wide information and advice on state and federal support and assistance including business surveys, webinars, social media, and newsletter communications.
- Developed and implemented free regional community and economic data information to assist in long term planning and recovery
- Commissioned a region-specific COVID19 Impact Report to assist with economic recovery, workforce development, social planning, strategic planning, and grants funding.