Join our mailing list and stay up-to-date with news and events from East Kimberley Chamber Of Commerce and Industry.
Who We Are & What We Do
A strong and effective voice representing the East Kimberley Business Community.
A united approach working collaboratively to stimulate Regional Economic Development that will strengthen our Region.
Promote the diversity and opportunities in the East Kimberley for the benefit of our members.
East Kimberley Chamber of Commerce and Industry is committed to working collaboratively with industry partners, businesses and all levels of government: local, state and federal; to build capacity in the East Kimberley region. We actively strive to achieve the best for your business and others around you for the whole of the community. Making an investment as a Member of the EKCCI will ensure you are kept abreast of issues that impact your business and livelihood.
The EKCCI has actively supported members and industry by representing EKCCI members on a range of committees and panels:
- Water Corporation Customer Advisory Panel
- Kununurra Liquor Accord
- East Kimberley Marketing Group
We have also been busy by:
- Promoting and hosting the ’Tasting the Kimberley’ event to show case East Kimberley produce and foods.
- Funding and running Youth/Business Engagement initiatives to engage with youth to decrease anti social behaviour in our town
- Successfully advocating against hostel accommodation for youth returning from Banksia Park being established in the LIA
- Working with other stakeholders to attract potential investors, and hosting visiting investors
- Successfully engaging with Telstra to commit to Kununurra town mobile tower upgrade
- Supporting Cyphertel in their successful bid to roll out the Wireless nbn in and around Kununurra and Wyndham
- Working with Landcorp and SWEK to identify potential land developments
- Working with KDC to advocate for local suppliers and contractor to win regional contracts and tenders
- Engaging with potential, and active projects to ensure maximum local engagement of suppliers and contractors
- Partnering with local providers to produce a Food Trail app promoting East Kimberley tourism and Ord food products and outlets
And committing funds to:
- A Regional Product Branding strategy
- The East Coast direct flights
- Attending many and a varied range of forums on health, employment, transport and logistics, specific industry and economic development.
Your membership will provide necessary resourcing for us to continue to be an active and effective representative body in the region.